It was so hard to choose the best of the best 2017 images! We have photographed so many great couples in different places around the world. We laughed with them, helped them with planning their wedding day and we were able to capture those little moments which will stay with them forever.
We don’t take perfect photos because life is not perfect. We capture real moments full of laughter, tears, happiness and natural beauty which is in all of us.
If you have a few seconds, take a look at our 30, in our opinion, the best moments of 2017
1. This first look was so unusual. Samantha and Timur wanted to see each other but in a more unconventional way. We came up with the idea of Timur being blindfolded. Their reactions during the first look were the most spontaneous!
2. We love dogs! In 2017 we photographed a few couple sessions with them. Dood, amazing rescue golden doodle, was one of them. He also was a part of their pawrents wedding and as you can see he was all up for the images.
3. Dance shots are awesome. It is amazing to be on the dance floor and capture moments when people have so much fun and simply enjoy themselves.
4. The moment when you partner and even the photographer doesn’t know what is going to happen!
5. Elmira and Nikhil’s early spring session in New York was awesome! This image was taken almost at the end of the session in the West Village. We got to a place where “Friend’s” TV show was filmed and gave our couple a small brake and this happened. They look like TV stars, right?!
6. Paint fight engagement session? Why not? Samantha and Timur went for it and got really dirty in a colourful way!
7. Details are the fillings between the bigger moments. They allow us to stop and take a deep breath and show how simple things can be amazing.
8. The best shots when people don’t even know that they are taken! Love the wind blowing Joanne’s dress!
9. Car ride before to the ceremony and the quite moment which is always different for everyone.
10. Horse in downtown Toronto? A lot of people dancing on Front street wearing colourful outfits? The Baraat Toronto style!
11. This bridal party was crazy! Norbert had to be fast with the camera just to keep up. After this big jump the guys grabbed pillows and started a pillow-fight!
12. It is crazy how you can remember certain images and when they were taken. Elmira’s dad was pointing at the slideshow with her images from the childhood!
13. We love this image because it is so genuine.
14. Dancing shot with the bridesmaids flowers!
15. Toronto Island was magical that day. We did this session only a week after the Island got opened after the flood. We took the morning ferry and saw the best version of the Ward’s Island so far!
16. When you use the disadvantage to your advantage. Norbert was taking this picture while the car got in his way!
17. We love Muskoka cottage weddings! They are so organic! Kerri and her bridesmaids having fun splashing the water! These kind of moments are always melting our hearts!
18. When your dog doesn’t want to cooperate with you during the session then you need to hold them! We had a lot of amazing moments with Chantel and Adam during their session at Queen West.
19. “Oh, the places you will go” a book by Dr. Suess was read during Heather and Jim’s ceremony! Not all images need to be very obvious!
“You’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So… get on your way!”
20. Those sunstet photos!
21. Dancing in the tall grass!
22. This is one of our favourite images taken during our trip to the Pacific Northwest. Rattlesnake Lake in Washington, October and a lot of rain. Smriti and Harish were real troopers!
23. Natural, simple reactions and genuine moments make our hearts fuzzy! Oh so very fuzzy!
24. Ali, Paolo and their rescue dog Jake in one of the most hipster places in Seattle.
25. We love this image because it shows so much happiness in just one moment!
26. Yes, this the same bridal party which is jumping on beds! Charge! Where are they running to?!
27. Home sessions are the best way to go if you want to feel a little more intimacy. Jonathan and Lydia nailed their couple session!
28. Rain falling of the leaves!
29. Bruce Peninsula National Park is a great place! Especially when you shoot a couple who is able to get everywhere.
30. Knox College with Basak and Bulent and their quite moment.
As we said before, that images we love the most are rarely the perfect ones.
Instead our favourite 30 photos of 2017 do much more. For us these intimate images bring up the feelings, emotions and memories captured during these fleeting moments which we had the privilege of sharing with our brave couples.